Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back to Guanella

Okay, so I go to Georgetown alot. Flatmate Jane joined me again for

the fun in the snow. We knew we would have some snow and maybe wind so we planned our
hike accordingly.
Upon arriving we found others at our trailhead so we headed up to the road closing berm to hike up to Bierstadt trailhead.
The hike up was great, we met a guy coming down who had tried to summit Bierstadt but was driven back by 40-50 mph winds. We decided to head on up, still thinking we had a window before the worst of the storm hit. Well, we were wrong. It was as bad as when I was there before. We headed up the Rosalie trail until we could no longer see where we were going. Plus we were hiking into a brisk wind coming over the ridge causing limited visibility.

After stomping around abit we headed to Georgetown for the symbolic after-the-shoe-beer. Then there was the must do shopping and fudge buying for Kathleen (Jane's GF).

My snowshoeing will be coming to a close soon. March is a very busy month for me at Bicycle Vilalge, we sponsor 3 huge tent sales in 3 lcoation throughout the month that I or my staff will be involved in.

Coming soon.......me and the Stumpie ride again.!! Also Trek has very graciously offered bikes to the managers of the BV's. I chose a road bike which should arrive next week, this will make this summers riding fun as I have yet to ride carbon long term.

No comments: