Friday, October 3, 2008

A Beautiful Friday

I could not resist sharing the gorgeous day I had. Lori recommended a trail she knew of from camping on the Grant side of Guanella Pass. I drove over the pass, found the trail and oh my was she right!!







It was a steady 6 mile climb, climbing 2,000 feet in the first 2.5 miles. It was more of a jeep road than anything else, but after 4.5 miles a hiking/biking trail emerged.






I did cross 3 streams, trying desperately not to get wet. I ran into these shelters along the way. First thought SNOW SHOEING and winter camping.









Back at the new trailhead I was immediately stopped by a large pool of water that I had to walk a log to get around. The trail was mostly rocky (baby heads), but very rideable. I actually walked abit just so I could look around at the beauty. The temp up my trail was 50 degrees, there was a storm in the distance but it stayed clear.










After my fantastic ride up I stopped for a well deserved Snickers bar. I had a great descent only to arrive at my truck and realized I had left my car key hanging safely in the door key hole where I would not lock it inside. Oh well......








No comments: